Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Time to Leave

When things start to break, it is time to leave.

I have lived in San Francisco for twenty months by now. Things started to break. About a month ago, I dropped the lid of my Brita water filter, and it broke. That was the first of a chain of incidents. The handle on my Dell laptop bag gave way two weeks ago, and I had to use the shoulder strap since, until last Friday when the strap also came off the hook. I lost my keys. Even my eyesights seem to have deteriorated.

Maybe it is a sign. When things start to break, I probably have stayed in a place for too long. Time to leave. I am moving to New York City in June.

5 comments:

  1. Leaving is usually a solution for broken relationships, not broken things. Utensils can be replaced and appliances can be repaired.

    Is the expulsion from the past really the reason? Or the attraction of the future?

    That was why I came to San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how much i hate saying farewell to my friends that i must say them in haste and all the indifference I could gather (through years of practice), along with the self-reassuring line "I'm sure we'll see each other soon"! When sadness is felt deep, only light words could be spoken, in this dimly lit solitary night street of san francisco.
    -w

    ReplyDelete
  3. In solitude you have company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!!! What inspire you to create such a wonderful blog!!!

    Blogs are great for information sharing.

    I have a water distiller site/blog.
    It is on water distiller stuff.

    Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

    Better Water For Better Health at water distiller - OkDiamond.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this is an exciting blog here!

    You may like to checkout water purification site/blog.
    It is on water purification stuff.

    Multilingual : English | Chinese Simplified | Chinese Traditional | Dutch | French | German | Greek | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese | Russian | Spanish

    Pure and Safe Drinking Water Quality at water purification - OkDiamond.com

    ReplyDelete